This is an individualized funding program that a person 18 years or over who lives with a disability can apply for through an agency of the government called Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) in order to participate and live their life in the community. This funding will provide the funds to hire a support worker to assist your son/daughter in adulthood.  Learn how to apply for this and other supports at the Ministry's DSO website here.  

Special Services at Home (SSAH)

This program helps families who are caring for a child with a developmental and/or physical disability. It is funded and managed by the Ministry of Children Community and Social Services.  It helps families pay for special services in or outside the family home as long as the child is not receiving support from a residential program.  Learn how to apply at the Ministry's website here.

Family-Managed Home Care (Ministry Definition)

This is a new model for home care delivery in Ontario.  It is available in each Local Health Integration Network (LHIN).  Family-Managed Home Care is intended to provide more control over care to eligible clients and families. Through the program, eligible clients, or their substitute decision-makers, will receive funding that they can use to purchase home care services or employ care providers. Clients or substitute decision-makers are responsible for managing their care providers and reporting to the LHIN's. Clients continue to be assessed by LHIN's and LHIN's remain responsible for developing the client’s plan of service.